Want to earn money while watching hockey? AHA Hockey is currently hiring scorekeepers! AHA Hockey is committed to providing a real game experience. A necessary and important aspect of this is playing a stop time game and keeping score. Scorekeeping games is a great way to supplement your income by working hours that fit your schedule.
AHA Hockey Winter League games are 90 minutes long. Typical shifts are two games, or three hours. Scheduling is very flexible - you pick the games you'd like to scorekeep, as many or as few as you want! Pay is $31-$35 per game.
Below is a description of the duties and qualifications and information to apply for a position.
• Run scoreclock
• Keep stats and penalties on scoresheet
• Enter boxscores on AHA website
• MUST be available to work Saturday and/or Sunday evenings
• Weeknight games are available but most games are Sat. and Sun. evenings
• Knowledge of the game of hockey and understanding of rules
• Playing experience is NOT required
• Familiar with web pages, data input, and accessible via email
• Previous experience running score clock at sporting events desired but not required
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Able to provide own transportation to arena
• Willing to work in chilly environment
• Willing to travel to arenas around Twin Cities area
To apply to be an AHA Scorekeeper, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the following:
• Experience with the game of hockey
• Any experience you may have working score clocks at sporting events
• Part of Twin Cities you prefer to work (West, South, East)
• Desired number of games/hours you'd like to score keep per week; which night(s) work best for you